Monday 10 March 2008

Quote of the Week

The Puritan, John Flavel commented, "The providence of God is like a Hebrew word - it can only be read backwards."It is much easier to see how God has used providence in the past than to figure out how he will use it to lead us in the future. And, in any case, we can rightly interpret providence only through the spectacles of Scripture. (John M Frame, A Theology of Lordship: The Doctrine of God, 286)

There are things that happen in my life that I cannot explain: including successes, failures and things that really hurt. But I know that I will be able to see why God has planned them in my life. In part I will see the reasons much later, but at judgment it will all make sense. He works all things together for the good of those who love him. (Romans 8:28)

PS.
Providence = his preserving of all creation, ordering of all things, including their actions, (often with particular emphasis on his people) to his own glory.

No comments: